• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does silicon case heat up phone?

madmonk

Jun 27, 2010
If it does that might explain why battery has dramatically improved since i stopped using case 3 weeks ago.

Its either that or I finished Angry Birds. ;)

Just thought I'd throw the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons.

seriously - battery life much improved. Coincidence?

Yes, that's what I meant! I didn't for one minute mean that I thought the case itself generated heat.

Don't worry, my sense of humour can take some getting used to. :p On a more serious note, I'd say it's probably a coincidence as well, but Eris has hit the nail on the head. Stick the case back on for a little while and see if you notice a difference. Out of interest, why did you stop using it?

P.S - Truncated Eris Ed's name up there to avoid a catastrophically bad rhyme.

Upvote 0
Though it's TPU not silicon, HTC sell an official skin/cover that cover the entire back, sides, top, and bottom, leaving just the front open (well the power button has an opening (but the button remains nicely recessed) as does the headphone socket). Now I'm not sure about the heat trapping properties of TPU vs silicon but I'm sure neither would be an issue. But anyway, what I'm saying is I'm sure if it was an issue HTC wouldn't sell the covers themselves.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones