• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does such an animal exist?

hgoldner

May 4, 2010
I have tried a handful of music player applications and I am finding that there are two shortcomings I don't appear to be able to get past.

1. Many applications will "auto start" when my phone is connected via bluetooth with my car. Both the HTC and Android native players do this, as does, PowerAmp. WinAmp does not, thankfully but.....

2. I want the application to be able to find music on the phone's memory *and* on the SD card. HTC and Android apps will do this as well as PowerAmp, but neither Mixzing nor WinAmp will do this.

So does anyone know of a music player that: (1) won't autostart on bluetooth *and* (2) will read all the music on my Dinc whereever it is?

Thanks in advance.

PowerAMP does not (even though it looks like it does). It SHOULD be able to when 2.0 comes out in the near future.

MixZing does. I paid for PowerAMP but use Mixzing until 2.0 comes out. MixZing has a setting to use internal memory and is the ONLY music player that does it seamlessly for me.

Mixzing makes you choose whether you want to use external storage or internal storage; you can't use both at the same time. PowerAmp does.

I just adjusted some headphone settings in Poweramp and I'm going to experiment further in the car tomorrow. I might just have a workaround.

Agreed that merely turning off bluetooth usually stops the player, but my concern is that I don't want it automatically turning on without my knowing it.

=======================

Update - PowerAmp appears to be the solution. The headset options in settings prevent it from turning on automatically, and it reads both SD and internal memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones