1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does Swiftkey have swype style typing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikes1, Dec 22, 2012.

1. mikes1

mikes1 Android Enthusiast

I like the new S3 jellybean keyboard a lot and the swyping on it is great but they forgot to add auto correct! I can't believe it. How could they leave out auto correct? I'm typing words and missing them by a letter and it doesn't even correct it. So I see swiftkey 3 is $1.99. I tried the free version and I don't like the layout of the keyboard too much but it won't kill me. If it doesn't have a swipe function then I won't buy it. I don't see any swyping function on the free version. So does anybody know if you can swype on the pay version? Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

They will include the swipe to type feature in next version, as of now it's available in the beta version of SwiftKey. By the way, if you need swipe, why don't you download the original Swipe keyboard? You can get a free copy from their website: http://www.swype.com/

3. mikes1

mikes1 Android Enthusiast

Thanks, I downloaded that beta and it seems pretty good. I have the swype keyboard on my S3 already but I don't like the look and layout of it. I'm really really picky and I really liked the stock keyboard on my S3 but I liked auto correct. I don't know why it's absent now. So I just needed something else. I hope they update the Samsung keyboard with auto correct because I actually still like the layout of it better to be honest.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews