1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Does Swype Lite not work with 2.1 ver.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coolerinthecorner, Mar 31, 2010.

1. coolerinthecorner

coolerinthecorner Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Iowa
    :( Ok! Just a little confused here. Does Swype Lite not work with 2.1 ver.2 leak. I've followed everyones instructions and can even go through the Swype tutorial but the choice of keyboards doesn't show up when I try to send a text or e-mail. All I get is the stock keyboard. Am I doing something seriously wrong here? This is somewhat fustrating because I prefer Swype by leaps and bounds. I'd buy it from the market but it's not available. I know some will send me to other posts with instructions, but I have tried them ALL. I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone.:eek:

Advertisement

2. K0CAW

K0CAW Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Simulator Technician
    Colorado
    Hmm...under Settings --> Locale & Text, are you able to check "Swype"?
    Next, when you get to a text box inside the SMS/Mail programs and long press, do you get a dialog box that allows you to "Select input method"?
    If so, is Swype not appearing there, or are you getting an error?

Forgive me if you've done these things numerous times already...I'm just catching myself up with where you are.

3. coolerinthecorner

Dec 14, 2009
    Iowa
    :)Thanks. Just got it to work following a long press on the text box after restarting the phone. This is only the fourth time I've gone through the process. I'm GUESSING the restart had something to do with it as I had done that before with no success. It's nice to see my preferred keyboard back. Thanks again for your response K0CAW. I DO Love this forum. Great people here.

4. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Corpus Christi , Texas
    well heck THANK the helper person then .....just a thought...i mean there is a button.... tee hee

5. coolerinthecorner

Dec 14, 2009
    Iowa
    AHHH.... Yeah... a button. Didn't see that one. Not as smart as I thought I was. Nice dig.

6. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    TEXAS - AUSTIN
    Just saw Swype featured on a commercial for Samsung Omnia2 on verizon. They rave how they just broke the world record for fastest texting. Swype rocks...

7. theboo7

theboo7 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    is there any way to change it from being blue to like the default grayish or white?im currently runing the litee

8. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    So Cal
    i'm running the latest Eris 2.1 upgrade, but i can't find swype in the Market. is it there, and i'm just not looking in the right place(s)?

thanks.

9. theboo7

theboo7 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    its not a market app because it wasnt meant for our phoneee:)

10. homerpez

homerpez Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    It can be found in a super-secret place... (search the Eris forum for "Swype" and it might show itself) ;)

Thanks for the clarification on how to get this thing to work... I'd never tried it before, and it's not exactly the most user-friendly path to get it to work.

Now that it does work, I can't see going back to "normal". Although it seems I have trouble with double-letter words (like "Swype is preTTy cool") but I guess it comes with practice. :p

11. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    NYC
    Swype beta works fine for me.

12. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    So Cal

well....so 'super secret' that i can't seem to find out where to get it, despite 'searching' through 19 pages of posts on the topic. :) (ok, maybe i'm blind, but hey.....) lol

can anybody help please? if it'll work with the eris with the 2.1 leak, i'd like to use it.

13. davros

davros Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Mr Mom, and when I do work, Screen Printer
    Central Mass
    It works just gotta "search" ;)

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

14. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    TEXAS - AUSTIN
  15. o2bmudn

o2bmudn New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    LMAO @ hookem. I dowloaded it last night on my eris running 2.1, it is not only working, it is pretty amazing.