• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does T-Mobile charge an activation fee for byod(bring your own device)??

Ive never had a tmobile account with them but i have an AT&T phone i would like to use with them.My question is do they charge an activation fee,ive heard in the past its around $35 but im not sure if they're still doing the activation fee thing,i hear its been gotten rid of and others say no its still there. Anyone know??and will i need to buy a sim card from them,how much are those??i heard around $10 and others say you need to buy the sim card and pay to activate the sim as well,what can you guys tell me about both my questions??sorry for long post.

I was charged 10 dollars per sim plus a 100 deposit
The $10 SIM charge is normal, tho it's sometimes waived. (It was, for me, last time.) The deposit only happens with post-paid accounts and is usually because they either don't like your credit history or because you have none. IIUC: They refund the security deposit after a few months in good standing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones