1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does teh new Twitter app move to SD?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Vance, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast

I had to get rid of the official Twitter app because it would not move to SD and my internal storage space was too tight. Does the new version allow for moving to SD? I am already rooted, FWIW.

Advertisement

2. ianb11

ianb11 Android Enthusiast

On another note anyone having problems with it using a massive amount of data?

I have my settings the same as the old version, refresh every 15 minutes, & today according to Traffic Stats it's used 196mb:eek:

Which when my limit is 500mb for the month is not good:mad:

3. lekky

lekky Lover

why not try a different twitter app, like twicca? The official one is pretty poor tbh.

4. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast

I am using Plume now and it is fine, but they are saying the official one is much improved, but if it can't be moved to SD then it is a non-starter for me.

5. ianb11

ianb11 Android Enthusiast

Pretty sure it doesn't but if you're rooted & you have a custom ROM it isn't an issue anyway.

6. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw Well-Known Member

Moving an app with a widget to the SD Card breaks the widget. For this reason, it's very unlikely, and not recommended, for an app that has a widget to allow being installed to the sdcard.

The official Twitter app has a widget and does not allow being installed to the sdcard.

7. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast

I am rooted, but do not have custom ROM, so I was wondering how that worked. I have App2SD, but I didn't want to install it until i found out whether it could be moved. It has a widget, but if you don't plan on using the widget, sometimes you can go ahead and move the app anyway (like with Pandora, Winamp, etc).