• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the 10.1 have a microSD slot or not?

PaulQ

May 25, 2011
I can't seem to find a clear answer to this one... maybe it's just my poor research skills.

Does the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 have a microSD card slot? It seems that if it does, I can just get the 16GB version and toss in a 16GB card.... ??

Thanks for your wisdom!

Nope, but it does have a USB adapter that can be plugged in to access a thumb drive for instance. No SD slot was a bummer for me at first, so I went with the Acer Iconia. It was rather on the heavy side, so I think I will like the lighter Samsung and use the USB adapter if needed. I'm about to pre-order mine. I'm still debating if I should go 16 or 32. Since it's rumored that Google might offer downloading of Google Maps for offline viewing, I'm curious as to the size of the files. If quite large, I might want to go 32.

Upvote 0
I just picked up a 16gb yesterday, and it does not include microSD. One that that is throwing me off...on Samsung's site, the back of the tab is gray, almost stainless steel like, with a round Samsung logo, while mine is white without the round Samsung logo. Is this for the 32gb maybe, or for the 4G model coming out?

Upvote 0
I could be wrong on this.. But I think there're two completely different Galaxy Tab 10.1.

One is the thicker bulkier version that the black has a round imprint that looks like those old LP album.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v - reviews - Broadband - none - Good Gear Guide

The new one is Samsung revised after apple released Ipad2. Samsung CEO publicly announced they will revised the 10.1. Now it comes up thinner and lighter than IPAD2, and very much IPAD like. That's also the one Google give out at Google IO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones