1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Does the Better Keyboard app have...

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by motoDroidFAN, Dec 18, 2009.

1. motoDroidFAN

motoDroidFAN Member

Dec 17, 2009
    multi-touch?

Advertisement

2. iamkewl

iamkewl Well-Known Member

No rfrrrrrrrrrr

3. motoDroidFAN

motoDroidFAN Member

Dec 17, 2009
    is there a keyboard out there that has multi-touch for the droid?

Do you think Better Keyboard and TouchPal are the two best alternates to the default keyboard? And if so which is better?
    I'm looking to replace the default keyboard and I heard these 2 are the top choices.

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    I haven't been able to find a keyboard with multi-touch support yet. I'm really hoping someone will release one soon, since other apps already use it; it can't be that hard to do.

5. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I write about technology for Maximum PC and Tested
    in the Transcend
    I think Better Keyboard is currently the best. There are multitouch APIs in Android 2.x, so it is possible to build MT enabled apps. This is evident in Picsay and Dolphin Browser. We just have to wait for someone to create a keyboard with it.

6. motoDroidFAN

motoDroidFAN Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Yea, this peculiarity of a lacking multi-touch keyboard has been covered on all the tech forums ad naseum...and I find it so odd...(and the milestone has multitouch keyboard too doesn't it?? so weird!)

anyhow, i was really close to purchasing the Better Keyboard last nite, but I wanted to confirm if it had multi-touch or not because I find it a lil pointless to actually pay for a keyboard app right now when it doesn't even support multi-touch yet. But that's just IMHO, and to be fair, I have not actually tried the app yet.
    I may still end up DLing it anyways.

7. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Central NY
    If you're interested in rooting, Eugene's 2.1 rom should be coming out tonight. I believe it uses the milestone's multitouch firmware, including the keyboard. I could be mistaken, though.