1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does the D3 support the new 64gb micro SDXC cards?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, Sep 20, 2011.

1. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I am seeing posts where some early adopters got 64gb micro sdxc working on the SGS2 by formatting in FAT 32, but curious if possible to fully use the cards with the D3.

Fat 32 works better than exFat with Android anyway.

Added:

Since they are over $200 ATM, I can wait for an answer ;)

Advertisement

2. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast

I could maybe see them working if you partitioned it into two 32GB halves, as for 64GB straight, I have no idea.

3. bullitt6996

bullitt6996 Newbie

I beleive the 64gb will work with the droid 3. Something I've been meaning to personally verify. Will check back in with results.

4. rushmore

Cool. I think they will, but might need formatting into FAT32 (just like using with the SGS2).

Issue is cost. $200 + dollars is too high. Needs to be equal or south of $150 for me to bite.

5. hub1

hub1 Lurker

Found this info on

SanDisk Announces 64GB microSDXC card but don't get too excited | Android Central

Sounds great right? Lot's of storage space to save anything you do so wish and always have it available to you on your smartphone or tablet. Plus, you can get up to 30MB/sec4 transfer speeds with Class 6 performance needed to capture Full HD videos.
    But not so fast -- the cards require that you have a microSDXC card slot available but most tablets and smartphones on the market these days simply are not equipped with those. Current standards call for microSD which only supports up to 32GB and sadly, the microSDXC cards are not backwards compatible. But again, the technology age is ever growing so now thanks to SanDisk when microSDXC card slots become the norm, at least there are options available -- that is, if you are willing to fork over the $200 it would cost to pick one of these up.
    Source: Sandisk

hub1

6. rushmore

Some users have reported they work in the SGS2 when formatted to fat32, so still a dumb and dumber chance.

7. rushmore

8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

I got a 32GB for much the same price when they first came out too - been saving for this one since then (actually expected it to be more expensive!). I had 19MB free on my 32GB card and my internal SD was full, so I was more than happy to pay for this one rather than constrain my use any longer.

Also, can confirm works in my Transformer too.

9. wnelek

wnelek Lurker

My brother and I both got the Droid 3, and he got the 32GB memory stick right away, and it worked for him.