• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the Droid X come with a class 6 card?

Does it really make that big of a difference? I mean what exactly is going to be the difference between say a class 6 and a class 2? I mean i know faster write speeds but other than that what are the benefits of class 6 vs class 2?

You answered your own question. The difference is speed. What's the difference between a 500 mhz and 1 ghz processor? Speed. It's up to you if that makes "that big of a difference." Some people want the fastest speeds possible; others are more willing to wait.

Upvote 0
You answered your own question. The difference is speed. What's the difference between a 500 mhz and 1 ghz processor? Speed. It's up to you if that makes "that big of a difference." Some people want the fastest speeds possible; others are more willing to wait.

Except for the fact as he pointed out it is write speed not read speed. So the differnence is only really when files are being transfered to it not read from it.

Reactions: ckochinsky125
Upvote 0

To be honest its write speed not read speed so i guess if u are always in a hurry for something then a class 6 would be better. U cant really compare processors since they make how fast something actually runs

Upvote 0
To be honest its write speed not read speed so i guess if u are always in a hurry for something then a class 6 would be better. U cant really compare processors since they make how fast something actually runs

I've checked the Droid X Launch package and the picture in it of the memory card definitely shows Class 2.

Reactions: Crimsongost
Upvote 0

True true. I'll admit my comparison clearly wasn't fair as the processor speed is far more important than the write speed of your sd card. :D For most, the difference in write speed isn't all that important, but some just feel the need for speed in everything they do.

Upvote 0
True true. I'll admit my comparison clearly wasn't fair as the processor speed is far more important than the write speed of your sd card. :D For most, the difference in write speed isn't all that important, but some just feel the need for speed in everything they do.

I know what you mean. it is the same as always wanting the newest thing that comes out even if it is only a very minor step up from what you already have

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the input. to answer some ones questions above yes it is only for write speed however when you are taking video or pictures it makes a difference. other wise yes on paper it will make a difference but in real life you would never know a class 2 from a 6.

Thanks again
Mitchell

Patiently waiting for an X!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones