• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the Epic's keyboard have a Tab key?

steveholtam

May 4, 2010
I've tried looking at the videos and pics, but I am unable to see if there is a Tab key. The Tab key is very nice for completing online forms and logins. The original Touch Pro had this key, but they ditched it on the 2nd version.

Anyone know about this yet? Or does Android have another way for tabbing?

Steve

There are some virtual keyboard that have where the enter key would be just move to the next field. I've found this pretty erratic though, since from my testing it only does it for text input fields. So for example, you have a search box on a page, then below that is a drop down menu, the enter key would be for the form's enter key rather than move down for the drop down box. I suppose they assume you will just use the touchscreen mostly for navigation.

As per the physical keyboard, it does not have a tab key.
Samsung Epic 4G Photos (Phone Arena)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones