1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does the Notification Light bother people?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by No_Nickname90, Feb 5, 2011.

?

Does the Notification Trackpad Light bother you on the HTC G2?

1. Yes, the light bothers me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, and I don't see how it can bother someone

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. No_Nickname90

No_Nickname90 Well-Known Member

I mean really. I've read around online that the HTC G2 notification light bothers people. I want to know who it bothers and why it bothers you. I mean, if you get a notification, the phone vibrates, ring, and then this blinking light. The light isn't all that bright neither. And when you get this notification, you usually unlock your phone, which turns off the light. If your phone was already opened, the light doesn't come on.

So why is the light a problem? It's not killing your battery at all. It's an LED light. If LED lights killed your battery, then why when your phone has about 10% energy left, a little red LED light turns on until your phone dies or gets put on the charger? An alarm clock illuminates more than that light. LoL!! I'm sorry for sounding so shrewd, but I really want an answer to that question. I'll find your answer, because I know I seen it somewhere. LoL!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

I believe the main issues people have with the light are that it's monochrome and that it actually sometimes stops lighting up after a while. The first is a hardware thing: if you're coming from a nexus one, you're used to knowing whether you've got an email, an SMS, or some other notification, just by looking at the phone. The not working issue, I'm not sure if they've fixed it, but it did drive a few people nuts.

Me personally? The light doesn't bother me, but I can certainly see how it could bother some people. Which option should I vote for in your poll? lol

No_Nickname90 likes this.
  3. No_Nickname90

I was actually thinking if I should have made a neutral option. LoL!!

4. Hmmm I actually seen this type of thread on XDA and AC forum LOL but didn't feel like logging on to comment as like you I told myself how in the world does this bother anyone. Also hate the low battery led indicator I mean I know its low let me turn it off already kind of annoying when you can't turn it off.

5. Dezden

Dezden Newbie

Where is the notification light??? I must have it turned off on accident or something, because I've yet to see it. I used to like the one of my Sidekick though...

6. No_Nickname90

It's around the trackpad. Normally, when you're phone is closed and locked, and you get a notification, message, facebook, email, the light starts blinking around the trackpad. It's a white light. Apparently, some people have been bothered by it, as it's too bright at night or something. -_-

I don't think you can turn it off. It doesn't always seems to blink. Or maybe it's just so bright around me most of the time, that I never notice it. LoL!!

7. YellaDogg2002

YellaDogg2002 Lurker

if u on ps3 add me yelladogg2002

8. Snowman269

Snowman269 Newbie

I prefer the green & orange notification led my other android phones used. The G2 has the orange and green but uses the trackpad light, which is hardly noticeable. Not a big deal, but someone should be able to offer an app to change settings.

9. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

FYI, if you install a rom like cyanogenmod (or even just baconbits), it will also use the charging light as a notification light. This means multicolor, since the charging light can be green, amber, or (I believe) blue.

T-Mobile G2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews