1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Does the one click root mess up reception etc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Androidman123, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Androidman123

None

Jun 24, 2011
    Hi i was wondering does the one click root mess up the phones reception with boost , speaker phone, call quallity, or gps signal and navigation?

Advertisement

2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    no it does not

3. Viet1982

Viet1982 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    New Orleans
    I don't know why people think rooting will cause their 3G or any other radio wave applications to not work properly.

I can personally tell you that Boost Mobile's 3G is highly spotty. For example, the first night I got my Prevail I had used a speed test app for 3G and was using it late at night, like 2 or 3 in the morning. I had a reported speed of 1+ Mbps. A few days later I tested it again, but this time it was around 10am and it was a dismal -500kbps. Why the sudden drop in data rate? Network traffic. More people will access during the day than late at night. Another example of how spotty it can be is the distance. I live very close to New Orleans which is a major city. One would think I would get the best reception since I live right across the river from the city. Not true. My friend, who lives further from the city, when I was at their house with my phone I was getting better reception vs being back at my home. Rooting only changes the software on your phone NOT the hardware.

I believe many Prevail users are very hesitant to root because this myth is one of the reasons why their holding back on rooting. Please do not let this myth discourage you if you have been thinking of rooting. Sure there are other reason why you may not choose to root but one of them shouldn't be because of 3G issues because there shouldn't be.

4. DaddyZap

DaddyZap Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Selling stuff
    Boston
    Listen let me tell you, I am a very caution person. I ask lots of questions. I really look something over before I do it. Just check through the Samsung prevail section here at Android Forum. I rooted my phone shortly after interdpth made the root. I have had no problems. It truely gives you more control over your phone. Its very stable, not glitchy. Its perfect !

5. interdpth

interdpth Well-Known Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    I made the root, shabby made shabbymod. >_>

Rooting has no effect on reception. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU THINK IT WOULD

6. DaddyZap

DaddyZap Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Selling stuff
    Boston

Sorry I edited the above...
    Thank you very much !! Awsome job !!! :D

7. Androidman123

None

Jun 24, 2011
    Not sure but never rooted a phone so guess thats why. Thanks everyone will try the root. Hopefully it will work with new update installed. One click root.

8. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    Financial Services
    Savannah, GA
    I have one clicked and Shabbyed as soon as they make it available. I have never seen any problem with phone reception and as stated previously, I do not understand the logic that makes people think that it would. Especially, the root. This is basically a software security level issue. I do not know enough about the routines that are included in the stock ROMs to have an opinion on the ROM Mods but I trust that Shabby knows his s*** and only wants the best for the users of his work. I know that my phone runs better than it did when I bought it since I went the "Way of the Penguin" and I will continue to apply new ShabbyMods when they become available.

BTW, with all the crap about the browser: I actually used it a little bit today and I liked it. It may be my imagination, but it seemed to run faster and be more usable that previous ones on my phone. If you want landscape, just launch it from landscape. That switching back and forth from portrait gives me headache anyway. If there is a better one, let me know.

I did have the first odd phone call related thing happen today, but I do not want to give anyone the idea it was because of the root or mod.

I was on the browser, using DairyQueen WIFI. I made a phone call. After the call, back to browser. Lost Boost reception. I had not lost Boost all day and had been in the general area of the city all day. Boost did not come back and I drove around to my other customers. I finally rebooted the phone and Boost came back immediately.

Any ideas on what would cause this?

9. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    I lost 3g in a similar manner once, I rebooted the phone and it was back. I do not know why.
    The one thing that bugs me is I have wifi policy to never sleep yet it does so anyway, I hit the button to turn on the screen and hit the browser and it just sits there loading nothing I have to close the browser and go into menu and wifi then settings and it will pick up the wifi again.
    but that is not just with the prevail, also the same thing with my optimus M so I am guessing its an android thing.

10. haris163

haris163 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
  11. Viet1982

Viet1982 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    New Orleans
    Hmm, future reference for me: reboot phone in case 3G goes crazy on me.

Thanks for the tip guys :p

12. Androidman123

None

Jun 24, 2011
    Did the one click root even after the update worked well thanks everyone!

13. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    Financial Services
    Savannah, GA
    Oh, OK now I get it! Good One. LOL.

14. mikesmokes420

mikesmokes420 Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    Do I havw to root it off a computer or download one click root right to my phone very new to this thx

15. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    you run it from your computer with your phone plugged in to the usb data cable.