1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

does the phone restart ....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chuck2530, May 21, 2011.

1. chuck2530

chuck2530 Newbie

Does the tb restart on its on if its rooted. I've installed the update and my tb restartsabout 5 to 6 times a day.
    Thx
    Chuck2530

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

wich update and how did you install it?

if you mean the latest firmware 1.13.607.7,and you installed it manually thru hboot,you might be having issues with that radio.it has been know to cause that prollem for some.

if you mean the 2.3 leak,that is a pre-release version that will have issues and problems. some have trouble with the stock kernel. some have trouble with imoseyons kernel,wich fixes alot of other things.

so...
    -you might need a different radio
    -you might need a new rom
    -you might need a new kernel
    -you might need all the above :eek:

give us more info on what you were running,what update you applied,and how you applied it,and what youre running now,and we can help you better.

edit: to answer your question: no,it should not reststart onits own. i personally will not run any software(rom,radio,or kernel) combo that gives me multiple random reboots. no matter how cool it is.

chuck2530 likes this.
  3. chuck2530

chuck2530 Newbie

Lol sorry I'm not rooted yet. I just updated from the new firmware update that HTC/verizon pushed out. I was just wondering if people that are rooted are having the same problem with the random restarts
    Thx
    Chuck2530

4. Manarius

Manarius Newbie

People who are running the stock OTA update have reported random reboots. For the few days I had the stock OTA update and stock ROM, I saw no reboots.

When I rooted and switched ROMS, I switched to bamf remix 1.6.3 and although I had one weird reboot, I can report that since I rooted, that is the only reboot that I noticed (and it more was the issue that the phone just up and shut off).

chuck2530 likes this.
  5. chuck2530

chuck2530 Newbie

K thx for the quick responses if the phone doesn't get a fix for the restarting issue I will just root.
    Thx guys.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews