• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the RAZR have a rattle problem when shaken lightly near the top of the device?

If you tap the back of the device at the top you will hear a rattling. That rattling is now heard in all my conversations. I'm quite irritated at the moment because this is an expensive phone and I shouldn't have to hear buzzing from loose components while in a conversation. I will be returning this phone in hopes it is a manufacturing problem.

Upvote 0
If you tap the back of the device at the top you will hear a rattling. That rattling is now heard in all my conversations. I'm quite irritated at the moment because this is an expensive phone and I shouldn't have to hear buzzing from loose components while in a conversation. I will be returning this phone in hopes it is a manufacturing problem.

Pack some axle grease around that switch! that'll fix your "rattle".

Upvote 0

any update on this? mine's had a rattle for a couple weeks but i never really cared...but if it's going to start being heard in my conversations, i'm gonna be pissed. i may swing by a VZW store this weekend to see what they have to say.

Upvote 0
Mine rattles and im pretty sure its with the speaker, something loose, maybe the housing to channel the sound? Anyway thats the only place I could find any vibration coming from. It also seems to be alot more noticable when on speakerphone then when playing audio from the music player. In a few weeks I will pull off the battery cover to take a look inside and then go to the rattle and use a dot of locktight to stop it, or a tiny strip of sticky foam. From the teardown it appears there is no warranty void if removed stickers.

Upvote 0
Mine rattles and im pretty sure its with the speaker, something loose, maybe the housing to channel the sound? Anyway thats the only place I could find any vibration coming from. It also seems to be alot more noticable when on speakerphone then when playing audio from the music player. In a few weeks I will pull off the battery cover to take a look inside and then go to the rattle and use a dot of locktight to stop it, or a tiny strip of sticky foam. From the teardown it appears there is no warranty void if removed stickers.

i would think that your warranty is gone the second you crack open a phone that is designed to not be opened like that. but that's just a guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones