• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the S4 have notification LED??

Hated it. It would "catch" my texts as soon as the phone received one. It would immediately stop the notification sound, turn the screen back off, and start flashing the missed text icon. I'm like..bitch! I didn't miss a text! You stole it!! :p

that never happens to me. but i customed each app to show what i wanted. Not sure if thats the difference. But that never happens to me. And i love being able to see at a quick glance where the notification is from, from txts to words with friends to facebook.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
simple. I work in an office. My phone is across the room a lot of the time. you cant always see the light. And what if I have 4-5 different apps giving me notifications? Do i have to wait for the colors to rotate? Once quick glance, and i can see them all. I like it way more that lite flow, or any other light led manager.

Do i have 3 txts waiting? 4? 10? 1? with LED all you know is you have one. NOLED tells me how many.

Upvote 0
simple. I work in an office. My phone is across the room a lot of the time. you cant always see the light. And what if I have 4-5 different apps giving me notifications? Do i have to wait for the colors to rotate? Once quick glance, and i can see them all. I like it way more that lite flow, or any other light led manager.

Do i have 3 txts waiting? 4? 10? 1? with LED all you know is you have one. NOLED tells me how many.

You like/want/need more info about your notifications than I do.

I'm a fairly 'basic' kind of guy.
I have notifications, or I don't.
If have notifications, I'm either going to check them now, or I'm not.
'How many' just doesn't even come in to play for me.

I think that's one of those 'to each his own' things. :)

Upvote 0

That makes sense. It's not what I need right now, but if I ever found myself in a similar situation, I might give it a try. So if you have a notification, does the screen stay on until your clear it? Granted, most of it is just black. But how does that do on your battery life?

Upvote 0
i have it set to stay on, but its got settings to where you can have it shut off at any time frame you want. I dont notice it being a hog for battery, but I also rarely am away from a charger to have to worry about it, I have a wireless charging pad at my desk, and at home, and a plug in the car. So my phone is rarely away from a charger long enough for me to notice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones