1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Does the screen scratch easily? + Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZingXao, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ZingXao

ZingXao Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    I've read it doesn't use Gorilla Glass. I've also read it can be scratched easily. However, I've also read it's difficult to scratch? Which one is it?

Also, what decent screen protectors are there out there? I looked into those invisibleSHIELD protectors, but heard they're extremely difficult to remove. Is this true?

Advertisement

2. elemteacher2be

elemteacher2be Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Substitute Teacher
    Los Angeles, CA
    I haven't scratched mine and have had it for 10 months or so. I have always had the Zagg shield on - I've replaced it once a few months ago because some air bubbles appeared, but that's it.

3. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    System Designer
    I've had my nexus s for about a year now with no screen protector and no scratches. Mind you, I don't put it in my pocket with keys etc.

4. CocodaMonkey

CocodaMonkey Newbie
    None

May 13, 2011
    I've had mine about a year with no screen protector. I keep it in a pocket with my wallet and it's not scratched.

5. OnlySkillz

OnlySkillz Member
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    You could go bare, I've done it and it lasted weeks. Doesn't really scratch, it's 'hardened' glass. Either way, through personal experience, don't go for the wet installs. Who cares about the remove, all I care about is the appearance they give - orange peel effect. It looks horrid, I tried it on the Skinomi which got better reviews.

Also, after trying a bunch of eBay ones, I found some quality ones that are cut almost perfectly to make the whole thing stick - if you want I can post the link to the seller. They are dry-install.

6. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    ...who ?
    Bucharest
    Like OnlySkillz said ,you want a dry-install method to put that screen protector ,who knows ? maybe you spill some water on the edge and it's bye-bye screen/board !
    As for the screen protector itself ...it's not necessary ,but you never know ,right ? better to be safe than sorry !

Tags: