1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does the stock ICS have enough desktops for you?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chmodx, Aug 16, 2012.

?

Do you have enough screens for icons and widgets?

1. I need more!

33.3%
  2. Too many!

11.1%
  3. Just right...

55.6%
  4. I use something else for this very reason.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast

I had a Droid X before this, and had 7 screens to put icons and widgets on. I had the right amount of room. With only 5, I'm feeling cramped and can't put the widgets I really like on mine.

I'm probably going to switch to a launcher, but found those tend to degrade performance after a while.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

Just use apex or nova, both are nice launchers and can have more than 5 screens. I've been using Nova since I first flashed the ics leak and have had no problems.

3. dashaus

dashaus Lurker

Have you looked into folders? Faber me so much more room that I don't miss the way I had my Droidx

4. ... and you can have one with everything in it but the bloatware you hate. You can then navigate without having to encounter that bloatware.

... Thom

5. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Android Enthusiast

ICS is all about the folders.

I've reduced my tablets to one home screen.

6. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Android Enthusiast

I used to have a Droid Eris with seven screens and "used" them all. Actually, I filled them all, as I eventually ignored most of the widgets (but the battery did not ignore them). Then I installed Folder Organizer, loved it, and quickly upgraded to the paid version. On my Bionic, using FO folders and subfolders, I use only two screens. On my new Transformer Infinity, I use only one. More than 400 apps, all neatly organized with custom icons on a single screen and just one or two touches away ... life is good!

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews