1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Does the update fix the non dowloadable mms?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jusdebbie, May 13, 2010.

1. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Anyone know if the update fixes the picture message problem that some of us have? When someone sends me a pic i get an alert that it was not able to be downloaded, to retry, and then it doesnt work again. Sometimes it will push thru a non recieved pic message from weeks ago and sometimes i just wont get any notification at all.

Advertisement

2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Computer Technician / Systems Implementation Manag
    Buffalo, NY
    You need to make sure Mobile network is ON.

Happens in 1.5 for some reason. 2.1 automatically turns it on temporarily for MMS, 1.5 sometimes does not.

Outside that, I haven't seen this problem in 2.1.

3. jusdebbie

Feb 22, 2010
    Mobile network is turned on w my 1.5...Still no pics.

4. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    No, he says he can send PIC messages. No mention of trouble receiving them. As for the update fixing this, I wouldn't say definitively that it fixes it. My wife's phone had this issue and I wiped and restored it and that apparently fixed it. Updating to 2.1 is a wipe/restore also, so it's hard to say if 2.1 resolves this. From what I've read, the issue is a network (VZW) one that gets "stuck" on some phones.

5. jusdebbie

Feb 22, 2010
    Since November when i got the phone, I actually did 2 hard resets AND even got a new eris. Those fixes helped only temporarily, up to a month max. Verizon has no explaination! I argued with them and finally got the incredible and they work but i havent had it long enough to know if it will only work for a month too. Last resort is gonna be to change my phone number. They said sometimes that is the only resolve. Btw, still no update in MD.