• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does this Droid look good to buy?

thatguy750

Lurker
Jul 20, 2010
I am considering buy this Droid off of ebay
I have done lots of research and i think this is good, i just want people that know droids better to help me confirm its good to buy, everything looks good to me and it is a top rated seller but there are no returns which worries me. thanks for any help

P.S. i tired to upload pictures but there is a file size limit and the pictures are to big and there are to many of them so here is a link with all the pictures

Auctiva Image Hosting

Attachments

• eBay Image Hosting at www.auctiva-9222.jpg
    eBay Image Hosting at www.auctiva-9222.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 171
  • eBay Image Hosting at www.auctiva-8.jpeg
    eBay Image Hosting at www.auctiva-8.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 168
Always hard to tell with ebay. I have had hit an miss success with electronic items, even from 100% sellers. A lot of times they are just resellers and don't really have the time to put the item through its paces. Caveat Emptor. Are you trying to buy one out of your plan? If not, Wallmart, Costco, Amazon etc all have some really good deals on them but you have to re-up your plan. On fleabay if the price is right you can take the chance.

Upvote 0
Ask the seller for the ESN before you bid. Then call up VZW and have them confirm it is not on their blacklist.

I've had pretty decent success with getting units off ebay. There are a lot of resellers who peddle crap refurbed or damaged goods, but you can usually tell who's selling their own Droid compared to someone who's got a bucket of broken ones.

On another note, take advantage of Bing cashback for 8% back (until 7/30) if you use Buy It Now and Paypal. Every penny counts ;)

Upvote 0
I'd be curious about seen the front of the phone/screen as well. And like was stated above, def check out the ESN with VZW to make sure it's all good. I've bought 2 phones on eBay, but have found that the best deals seem to be on forum marketplaces. I know when I was looking for a Droid the first place I looked was on forums, and that's where I ended up getting one too. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones