• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does this exist?

Get Apps Organizer. Let you create folders on your home page that is easy to assign apps to and is alphabetized. For example, I have 2 folders, Games and Social. Games with all my games, and soial with links to m.facebook.com, friend stream, etc.

If you have a lot of games, you can star your favorites. At the top of the folder just tap the star and only your favorites will be shown.

Upvote 0
If I'm understanding OP properly, he wants to be able to run an app on the homescreen, contained within a widget instead of running full screen. In short, it can't be done. The Android UI's not designed to allow multiple apps to run on-screen at once, as phone screen sizes make doing so rather impractical. The only way to do this would be to modify the core Android libraries themselves; and there's no guarantee you could do it without breaking compatibility.

Upvote 0
Yeah, how would you even interact with a full-screen app that's been sqeezed down to 1/20th of its intended real estate? How would you access the menu? Sounds very dodgy. Sorry.

BTW, ConstantineXVI: welcome to the forum! :D

It wouldn't have to be squeezed down that far, a 4x2 widget with a narrow border could hold an app easily you would only see the full screen view however, you could easily scroll within the widget to reveal the rest of the screen.

Maybe its not possible or practical, just was wondering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones