1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support does this phone actually lock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JRokit, Nov 1, 2011.

1. JRokit

JRokit Newbie
    None

Sep 2, 2011
    Ive had this phone for about a week and I think it is pretty amazing. I have found something that is really bugging me. Im not sure if Im missing something or the phone is.
    It is about the lockscreen. I have the pattern lock screen enabled. But if you hit the power button to wake it up, then let it time out, then hit the power button again it is unlocked. How is that secure. I even purposely put in the wrong pattern, then let it time out. When I hit the power button to wake it up, It was unlocked... The other thing that bugs me about the security it when the phone is locked and I get a new text message you can swipe the message open without unlocking it. Im not sure how this is secure at all.. I want my privacy and security! I have so much information on this phone. I dont want others to be able to look through my phone.
    :thinking:Am I missing something? I have looked everywhere on the phone. Are there apps that I can use to fix these two major issues I have? Thanks in advance. This is my first smartphone... I love it in every other way.

Advertisement

2. BestInGalaxy

BestInGalaxy Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    Samsung is aware of the lockscreen problem and already gave a solution: go to settings -> location and security -> set lock screen to "Immediately" after screen times out.

Not sure about the second problem cause I've never tried it.

JRokit likes this.
  3. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Crossville, TN
    You can change the settings in the SMS app. I don't know about the stock app since I don't use it, but in Go or Handcent, you can tell it to not pop up on the screen. So there is nothing to swipe. Just your normal unlock screen, just like when you hit your power button.