1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

does this photo editing app exist?? if not will someone please make it!!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jonnyg30, Dec 23, 2011.

1. jonnyg30

jonnyg30 Lurker

i have tried loads of different photo editing apps but all of them seem to have the same flaws, they dont save high res images most of them are more suited to"fun editing" rather than serious photo editing or they lack certain basic editing tool.

i decided to replace my aging giant laptop with an eee pad (so far im impressed apart from all the force closures) and i want to incorporate my pad with my photography gear so i can view and edit photos on location or while on the move instead of having to store them all and have to wait until i get home to the desktop (i travel a fair bit)

this is what i'm looking for in an app can anyone tell me if such a thing exists and if it doesnt can someone please please make it i guarentee it will be the most downloaded photo editor ever!!!!!

read photos from sd card/micro sd/usb aswell as just the internal memory
    save full high res images
    easy and quick review and delete so you can toss the rubbish and keep the gold bearing in mind most photographers will have hundreds of photos to review not just 10 or 20 so must be easy to switch between thumbnail and full size and equally easy to sort into files and delete
    if it could have all the basic tools youd find in a normal basic photo editor such as windows 7 photo editor for quick on location photo editing/viewing that would be great! so far i have yet to find an app that has included shadow and highlight adjust which i use alot!!

im sure you get the idea i just want a serious photo editor i was hoping photoshop would be the answer to my prayers but it only lead to dissapointment along with alot of other editors!!!
    it seems most are designed for mobiles would be nice to see some designed around pads

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

3. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

So you haven't found Photo Enhance Pro :)

The app edits and saves the photos with their originally resolution.
    But not by default, you have to check it at the app's settings.

Harry

4. jonnyg30

jonnyg30 Lurker

ive tried photo enhance free version to test its functionality but its missing the shaddows and highlights tools both of which i use alot on my computer and didnt know if the pro version had extra tools and features or whether you were just paying for high res??

the best editor i have found so far for ease of use and tools is snaptastic havent had a look at its saving res yet because ive only just started playing but its touch interface is brilliant i love the easy menues but still missing all the review stuff/imperfection tools and that sort of stuff. but i think its going to be a case of using quickpic as my viewer and sorterand another as the editor

5. jonnyg30

jonnyg30 Lurker

i held high hopes for photoshop touch however i read the reviews and you cant export high res images so i felt i would be wasting

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Well, to tell the truth, a tablet can't replace a laptop, at least in the foreseeable future. the 1.5Ghz dual cores on Android tablets are weaker than the 1.6Ghz Atom on netbooks, hence the lack of certain capabilities or functions.

A tablet is more of a consumer device. Meant to read, view, play, etc. It can do a little productivity here and there, but nowhere near to those levels a laptop can. For a productivity-oriented work, a laptop is still a better investment. For the price of the tablet you bought you could have gotten a lighter laptop running with i3.

I'm not saying to not buy tablets, but I'm saying that before buying a tablet, think of what you want to do with your tablet to make sure its possible to an acceptable degree.

7. rhyshalsey

rhyshalsey Newbie

8. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

No, the pro version also hasn't that tools.
    But you could ask the dev for it, he is very responding :)

And IMO no other Android picture editor has this high res feature yet, except resizers apps

Harry

9. Goddchen

Goddchen Newbie

10. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Canvas isn't too bad. Has layering, shadows/highlight edit, etc... but does lack what I would call "ease of use". I pretty much use Quickpic, Picsay Pro, and Canvas. I use Canvas when I need to save a transparent layer.