• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does this tablet come with word?

sfbloodbrother

Extreme Android User
Jul 30, 2012
Chicago IL
I was wondering before I get this tablet, if there is some kind of word application that comes pre installed on the tablet. I know there is things like google Drive, and others, but a bit curious as to a dedicated app by Samsung might be better integrated into the tablet that Drive.

And are there sharing features connected with drive if there is a dedicated word app. For example, am I able to share a document with drive, and open up that document in drive on another computer in Google drive (Same format?)

And if that doesn't suit your needs, you can buy apps from $4.99 to $14.99 on Google Play, pretty cheap compared to buying the computer programs. Do some research on the Play Store. Polaris Office is there along with many others. Some others to look at are Quickoffice Pro and DocumentsToGo. I got Documents to Go for free on the Amazon Appstore because it was their free app of the day. It works good.

You can also use the Google Drive App as well.

Upvote 0
And if that doesn't suit your needs, you can buy apps from $4.99 to $14.99 on Google Play, pretty cheap compared to buying the computer programs. Do some research on the Play Store. Polaris Office is there along with many others. Some others to look at are Quickoffice Pro and DocumentsToGo. I got Documents to Go for free on the Amazon Appstore because it was their free app of the day. It works good.

You can also use the Google Drive App as well.

I totally agree with this. I was glad I got it because I like this app.

Upvote 0
i like polaris a lot better than any of the others. Seemed like the others always messed with my header formatting and I would have to redo it on the desktop. Polaris Office keeps it and it does integrate with google drive, dropbox, and if memory serves skydrive and box too. It's really the best I've found for word processing & it came free with the tablet

Upvote 0
How is this office? other like special features integrated with the tablets to make it seems a lot better compared to third party software like Google Drive. what are the benefits to having this office compared to third parties offices?
I don't use Polaris, so can't comment. Each office suite from different third parties will offer something that is more appealing than others. So it boils down to personal preference.

I use TextMaker as my word processor. I deal with documents using different fonts and styles. This one could handle it well. I could also grab the truetype fonts from my PC, transfer them to the device without any conversions and instantly use them with TextMaker. Built-in dictionary that does on-spot checking. The only thing I don't like about this app is that the developer crippled the Android port. It's missing quite a bit of features you would find with the older Windows Mobile. But it suits my needs.

Upvote 0
i like polaris a lot better than any of the others. Seemed like the others always messed with my header formatting and I would have to redo it on the desktop. Polaris Office keeps it and it does integrate with google drive, dropbox, and if memory serves skydrive and box too. It's really the best I've found for word processing & it came free with the tablet

I will see it when I get this tablet then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones