1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does ur S3 run hot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Serdroid12, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Serdroid12

Serdroid12 Newbie

Right now I'm streaming music using Google play in the background while using Tapatalk and obviously writing this post... and the phone seems to be getting hot.

Not to the point where it's becoming unbearable... but my gf's one x doesn't get this hot... and its only in the bottom back half of the phone.

Considering this is my first smartphone... how hot does ur S3 get?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

It does get hot, specially in the bottom side of the phone. Not always, but when running specific tasks. I noticed the S3 getting hot very fast when playing Adobe Flash videos.

3. Serdroid12

Serdroid12 Newbie

Do you u know what the max temperature the phone can reach before it cause damage? I've seen my temp reader reach almost 39 degrees... :what:

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

4. kurtyyyyyy

kurtyyyyyy Well-Known Member

Warm when browsing/streaming videos, hot when gaming!

5. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert

Everything I use runs hot. HEYYYOOHHH

6. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Sometimes when charging the device in a car it can get hot, but the main time it gets hot is when using data in weak signal areas. The power draw is high, so the device gets hot.

Mainly seems to be when in 3g areas.

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Of course it does. At this thickness and with this amount of processing power no phone will run cool.

8. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

39 degrees is nothing to worry about. I think max temp for most batteries is 120F, which is close to 49C. At least that's what it was on my HTC rezound. That thing would heat to 39C with just moderate use. With the S3, the hottest its gotten was 38C and that was after about 40 minutes of playing ME Infiltrator, which is a fairly graphic intensive game. It idles between 25C and 30C depending on the ambient temp. Right now, its sitting at 25C, but it's pretty cool in my office and I haven't used the phone in the past hour.

If you're regularly hitting 39C with light-to-moderate use, that may be a concern. However, if it reaches that temp occasionally and only with heavy use (gaming, streaming video), I wouldn't worry.

9. Serdroid12

Serdroid12 Newbie

Ahh ok, glad to know then. I thought it was just mine but it also idles at around 25

10. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert

I think much depends on signal conditions. When in marginal areas, mine can run pretty hot.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews