1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

does viruses & malware pose a thread for Android OS ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by picard12, Dec 20, 2012.

1. picard12

picard12 Newbie

does viruses & malware pose a thread for Android OS ?

has anyone installed antivirus software on note 2?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

3. Thomas S

Thomas S Member

Wondering this myself. Is AVG any good? Thats what I use on my computer

4. h1r0ll3r

h1r0ll3r Well-Known Member

I use AVG on my laptop as well. It seems to work okay I guess. If you install an app that;s loaded with ads or whatever, it'll prompt you to continue installation or not. Seems to work well on my laptop so I figured, why not, couldn't hurt to have it on my phone as well.

5. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Android Expert

I would say no because the is only like 15 viruses coded for linux. But i would use avg to look for bad code in apks from 3rd party sources.

6. Captain53

Captain53 Member

Absolutely yes Android all devices are succeptable to many kinds of attacks and should be protected.

A free version of Webroot is available for download to Android Devices and I have had good results using it on my old Droid X for over 2 years. It scans your system every day along with any downloads prior to allowing them.

7. Cobravision

Cobravision Android Expert

Has anyone here ever gotten malware? Maybe a couple. Any here ever gotten malware from the Play Store/Amazon App Store/Legit sideloaded apps? Probably zero.

If you're into downloading apps from sketchy sites or pirate/cracked apps from sketchy sites, maybe you need Lookout or whatnot.

But if you don't, it's just a waste of app space.

8. colnago

colnago Android Expert

While that may be true, Google has removed more than (15) malicious apps from the Market over the years.

9. picard12

picard12 Newbie

AVG antivirus is crap ! AVG couldn't detect any viruses on users computers at work.

10. JamesTM

JamesTM Newbie

Avg puts the word suspicious in any sms messages I get from the bank or credit card companies.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews