1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Does VPN work with Nexus One?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HardHitter, Mar 6, 2010.

1. HardHitter

HardHitter Newbie

Nov 26, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I had a quick question. Currently I have a BlackBerry Storm and I'm eagerly awaiting the Nexus One and the HTC Incredible to finally switch to Android. I somehow was able to keep myself from not picking up the Droid and to wait for one of these devices, but my question is, is there a way to get VPN to work on our phones?

I work for a Big 4 accoutning firm and from what I've heard, in order to sync to our e-mail accounts, IT has the get your phone and activate it or something of that kind. My question is, is there a way to not have to send the phone into IT?

I would think if there was a way for me to log into VPN from my phone, I should be able to easily just sync up to my outlook for all my e-mail and calendars.

Currently, I have my outlook calandar synced to my google calendar and then use Google Sync to get it on my phone.

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

2. daffyduck

daffyduck Guest

You can create VPN's on the Nexus - there is a specific APN menu under Settings / Wireless & Networks.

No idea how good it is but the functionality seems to be there for multiple types of VPN's.

3. maq

maq Lurker

Jan 14, 2010
    tried it with ptpp works ok .

Tags: