• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Does X have a voice recorder?

dalemccl

Jul 23, 2010
My last couple phones had a feature where you could record a voice memo to make a quick note to yourself. I don't see any mention of this in the X manual nor from a forum search.

I believe there are apps in the market for this, but before I get one, I wanted to check to see if there is a stock app already on the phone for this.

You wouldn't believe it:eek:. After time and time of searching for it, months later I found the darned thing. They don't have it in the app drawer :thinking: (someone fell asleep during production. Lol :p) but if you longpress the homescreen and select "custom shorcut" a menu will pop up, click the "select activity" button and when the activity menu comes up scroll down to "sound recorder". Prior to doing this I had been using hertz sound recorder from the app market, which is basic and gets the job done, but a few minutes ago I just deletes the little sucker out of shear excitement :D. Really, I had no apparent reason foe playing with my phone, outside of being over fascinated with being a wanna-be techy:eek:. Lol. Hope this helps someone.:)

God Loves, Jesus saves ;),
Sarah
@SarahVaughnLo :cool:

Reactions: _Aardvark
Upvote 0
You wouldn't believe it:eek:. After time and time of searching for it, months later I found the darned thing. They don't have it in the app drawer :thinking: (someone fell asleep during production. Lol :p) but if you longpress the homescreen and select "custom shorcut" a menu will pop up, click the "select activity" button and when the activity menu comes up scroll down to "sound recorder". Prior to doing this I had been using hertz sound recorder from the app market, which is basic and gets the job done, but a few minutes ago I just deletes the little sucker out of shear excitement :D. Really, I had no apparent reason foe playing with my phone, outside of being over fascinated with being a wanna-be techy:eek:. Lol. Hope this helps someone.:)

God Loves, Jesus saves ;),
Sarah
@SarahVaughnLo :cool:
Thank you I've been looking everywhere for this app.. I love my motox but, it hides things like camera settings and, recorders, no telling what else.. Still coolest phone ever . ...thank you I can record music again .
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones