1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Does your Dinc sometimes not turn on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbonafied, Nov 21, 2010.

1. rbonafied

rbonafied Newbie

Aug 7, 2010
    I've had the phone since June. Every once in a while when I turn off the phone, hitting the power button doesn't start it up again. I have to pull out the battery. By once in a while, I would say it's probably happened 5-7 times since June.

Sometimes it happens when connected to the charger and sometimes it doesn't. One time after shutting it off, I connected it to the charger and didn't see any charge led. I then hit the power button and nothing happened.

Any suggestions? Other than that the phone works fine so I'm not really pursuing a replacement. I'm more just curious why it happens.

Thanks,
    R

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    That's weird. I know you do have to wait about 10 seconds before you can turn it on after turning it off. Never had a problem with it not charging.

3. rbonafied

rbonafied Newbie

Aug 7, 2010
    Hmmm... I didn't know I had to wait a while before attempting to turn it on again. I was definitely under 10 seconds when I tried.

4. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Android Enthusiast

May 1, 2010
    Aurora CO
    I've only had it happen while connected to a charger. Disconnecting it from the charger and waiting a few seconds fixes it.

5. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast

May 4, 2010
    Male
    Self Employed IT Engineer
    U.S.A.
    Mine turns on every time. However, I don't turn it off that much so it doesn't have a lot of practice staying off :D so it hasn't had a chance to get lazy ;)

6. iranoff

iranoff Lurker

Jul 4, 2010
    IT Telephony Program Manager
    This happens with my Incredible too. It does appear to happen mostly when it is on the charger. I do not turn it off to charge it...but it must turn itself off during the charge. I have had it happen several times during the day while off of the charge. I got the phone in July and this problem started about a month ago and it is happening several times a week now. I either have to unplug the charger and then replug it to get the power button to work or I have to pull the battery out and put it back in. It's really starting to aggravate me..Wonder what is causing this problem?