• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does your Esteem do THIS?

daydreamingby

Oct 12, 2011
This isn't a problem really, but a curiosity.

Originally when I bought my Esteem, to turn it on, all I had to do is push the power button 2 seconds until a slight vibration was felt, and let go, and that was it, plain and simple.

However after a few months, it changed. I had to press the power button for 2 seconds, let it go, and THEN press it again until I felt that vibration, and turned on. Sometimes it wouldn't, and sort of asked for a "timed" sequence to be pushed.

My first thought was that maybe the power button was unresponsive, but that wasn't it. It was actually pretty responsive while in use to do other tasks (CMW, reboots, flash, etc...).

So I took every trace of a Recovery, and went back to STOCK, but that didn't help, and the power on function remains different, and just a wee bit tricky at times, nothing major though.

How do you turn on your Esteem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones