1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does your profile picture appear in your emails?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wigfield, Jun 26, 2019.

1. wigfield

wigfield Android Enthusiast

I have set my profile picture up but it's not appearing in my emails on my phone or tablet but if I use the Web version on my pc then it appears in my emails. Is there a bug or some way to force it?

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

There are two places i see my profile picture in the gmail app. In the upper right, indicating which account I'm looking at, and if I am the originator of the message.

profilegmail.jpg

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. wigfield

Yep i get the profile picture to show me which account I'm using but it doesn't show me my profile picture when i have sent emails it just shows the Gmail default which is the first letter of my name.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I haven't checked on the PC version of Gmail lately but Gmail on my phone always shows my profile picture on sent emails.

So it seems like if you use the same picture on your PC Gmail account it could show. Have you tried that @wigfield?

5. wigfield

Yes if I use the Web version on my tablet and phone or PC then I get to see my profile picture when I sent or replied to emails, It's just the Gmail app it doesn't appear, If I click on the Gmail default first letter then it goes onto my profile picture.

6. lunatic59

On the emails I send, it only shows my profile picture if I am the original author of the email/thread. If it is a reply, then i get the generic icon as well.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

No they do not. The recipient doesn't see it.

8. wigfield

If I send myself a email then I still see the icon not my profile picture, Its got to be the app thats at fault.

9. lunatic59

Oh ... I just had a Homer Simpson "DOH!" moment. The images in the gmail app do not come from your profile, but from your contacts. I'll bet if you go to contacts and see your own name there isn't a picture. Set one and voila! you can see yourself.

wigfield likes this.
  10. wigfield

You Sir are a genius that was it all the time, Homer Simpson time did it for me👍🙂

dontpanicbobby and lunatic59 like this.
  11. lunatic59

Gmail

Gmail Forum

com.google.android.gm

Gmail is an easy to use email app that saves you time and keeps your messages safe. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly. With the Gmail app you get: • An organized inbox - Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first. • Less spam - Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free. • 15GB of free storage - You won’t need to delete messages to save space. • Multiple account support - Use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) right from the app.

READ MORE
March 16, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs