• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does your state do this?

Here in California, we get an annual Climate Credit on our electric bills:

CaliforniaClimateCredit.jpg

As you can see from it, we believe in science, and know that climate change is real.

This annual credit is pretty cool. Sometimes it covers my entire bill for that month. :D

Does your state do anything similar to this?

I know this just begs for political commentary, but let's try to refrain. I don't visit the politics board for a reason, and really don't want this forced to be moved there.

Maybe you do in your California. Up north we actually get surcharged to help offset solar and for a few other reasons.
Wait...it's called the California Climate Credit, and the letter says it's a state program. *confused*
Of course you know PGE’s bankruptcy will work not-in-your-favor, right? :)
Shouldn't affect me at all--I have Southern California Edison for electricity and Southern California Gas for, well, gas. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Is this a Governor Schwarzenegger thing?
You mean The Governator. :D And, yes, it was.
Of course I've never lived in a "state" myself, only provinces and counties.
I know there are provinces in China, but what about where you lived in the UK? Is there something that resembles our city -> county -> state -> country system?

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
IDK.. it seems odd
make the plants pay the home owners a credit..
the plants then charge more for service to cover the credits.

wish wash .. rinse and repeat
????
I don't know about that. For the first few years after moving back here from Dallas, I would literally laugh out loud after opening each month's electric bill. Why? Because they were so much smaller than I was used to! In 13 years, I have yet to match a typical monthly [summer] bill in Dallas.

Upvote 0
I don't know about that. For the first few years after moving back here from Dallas, I would literally laugh out loud after opening each month's electric bill. Why? Because they were so much smaller than I was used to! In 13 years, I have yet to match a typical monthly [summer] bill in Dallas.

could that be due to nicer climate?
in TX.. that AC unit is worked to death!

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
could that be due to nicer climate?
in TX.. that AC unit is worked to death!
With its god-awful triple-digit humidity AND heat, it certainly is!

However, here in Arcadia, which is in the San Gabriel Valley (read: hotter than LA proper), we run our ACs a lot. We have AC-worthy temperatures throughout the spring and summer--including long stretches >100°, including September/October (what we used to call 'Indian summer'--but now it's not PC to say it)--but we also have random 100s, like the January my first grandson turned one. It was 105°, and he was in the backyard--buck naked--playing in the water. :)

(And I have pictures to prove it. Oh, if he ever does something that really pisses me off, I have THAT to hang over his head! :eek: He can barely stand the fact that Grandma used to bathe him and change his diapers...)

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
You mean The Governator. :D And, yes, it was.

I know there are provinces in China, but what about where you lived in the UK? Is there something that resembles our city -> county -> state -> country system?

Yes, in the UK it's usually County > City, or can be County > Town. Can also be City & County together, like City & County of Bristol, where I came from. There's also country in the United Kingdom, like England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Yes, in the UK it's usually County > City, or can be County > Town.
Got it!
Can also be City & County together, like City & County of Bristol, where I came from.
Yes, here too, like LA: there's the city of Los Angeles in Los Angeles County.
There's also country in the United Kingdom, like England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.
Thanks for the info, @mikedt!

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones