1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

does your triumph rejects optimus V usb cable?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wildplace, Aug 9, 2012.

1. wildplace

wildplace Newbie

i want to use my V's usb cable for my car charger.... but triumph seems reject charging when using V's cable. anyone has the same problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rcsrich

rcsrich Android Expert

I noticed this problem when I upgraded to the MT from the OV. I always use the stock Motorola charger & cable at home & I bought a second genuine Motorola cable to carry with me for car/work, etc. For me, the charger itself doesn't seem to make so much of a difference, but mine is definitely picky about the cable.

I still would check the amperage of the charger too- can't remember what the stock MT one is, but one with a lower rating might charge a lot slower.

3. notserpmh

notserpmh Newbie

Yes, none of my OV chargers (car, wall, USB) work with my MT. The MT chargers work with the OV though. I think it has something to do with the connector. I have a LG Optimus V wall charger that is a wall plug with a USB port. I originally tried to use it with the original LG USB cord and my MT wouldn't charge. If I switch to a different USB cable (I have used one from a HTC and the one that came with my MT) it works fine.

4. PsyberS

PsyberS Member

I can't say for certain, but I have noticed other people's chargers won't charge my MT *unless* my MY is powered off. Then they work just fine. No clue why though, or if that will work with your particular cable.

5. ecarlson

ecarlson Well-Known Member

My first Triumph could charge from my Optimus V cable. That Triumph died, and my new Triumph will not charge with the Optimus V cable, but fortunately it came with a second charger and cable, so I use that now in a second location.

The Optimus V charger works fine when used with the Motorola Triumph cable.

I have been able to charge my Triumph from a 3rd party car charger and cable, but it doesn't seem to make as reliable of a connection as the stock cable, because sometimes I have to move it a little to get it to charge.

The issue seems to be with the cable.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews