1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Doesn't lock into keyboard dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mmoffitt9241, Aug 13, 2012.

1. mmoffitt9241

mmoffitt9241 Member

I bought the Prime and Keyboard dock together in Feb. I just exchanged the Prime for the Infinity. It works with the keyboard dock but it won't lock into it...if I try to lift it up by the screen the keyboard dock will fall off...anyone else have this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Some Prime docks fit well with the Infinity. Others do not. A few people here reported they had to manually slide the locker tab; it doesn't click into place by itself.

ASUS has stated that the Prime dock is not officially supported with the Infinity... It just happens to work... So if you don't want to spend the $$ on the Infinity dock, you'll have to live with the locking difficulty.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Surelee

Surelee Newbie

MyTF201 dock just barely slides to the lock position and I have to press down firmly. I think if the spring were a little bit weaker it wouldn't close by itself. It's certainly a pretty close fit.

4. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

After reading reviews and forums, I really saw no reason to get the TF700 dock over the cheaper TF201 dock.

Initially I had to slide the lock over to get the optimal latch. But the device never fell or even felt as if it were about to. Even when it was only half latched. After a few days, the lock no longer needed to be slid over. It seems to have broken in really nicely.

5. mmoffitt9241

mmoffitt9241 Member

Mine won't latch even if I manually push the latch over...I'm not complaining because I knew it wasn't for that specific model. I have a case that snaps in, so if it does separate, I think the case will catch it before it drops...was just wondering if others had seen the same...

6. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast

I haven't had any problems

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah i was unfortunate(or lucky) to drop my prime. luckily i had BB black tie protection. since they do not have the prime anymore, i was able to upgrade to the infinity(yeah me!!!!!!). the prime's dock fits really well and locks great for me. and even if it is not quite the fit, but everything else works great, i would not complain as i would not have to fork over another $150 bucks!