• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

doesnt remember hotmail password anymore

nieltab

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2011
Hi all,

My girlfriend wanted to check her hotmail on my phone yesterday, but now it doesnt remember my login anymore. Normally I just press hotmail in favorites and it goes directly into my inbox. Now I always have to typ adress and password.

There is no option like 'remember me' or something like that.

How can I fix this?

I use the stock browser on my samsung galaxy s advance.

Thnx :)

You might want to clear data from the hotmail app, or log onto any webpage and press menu on the device -- scroll down to settings -- and hit privacy & security. From here clear cache, history, cookies, form data, location access and passwords.

You will then be prompted to enter again all username/password for all applications on the device. This should fix the problem. ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I have tried it, no luck though :eek: it asks to remember passwords on others sites, but not hotmail.
I'm sorry, but I don't have any other solutions except to wipe the phone clean. I'm talking about doing a "reset" of the device.

However, I'm a little hesitant on you doing this before hearing other options from fellow members. Honestly, I'm surprised the above steps didn't work. There might be something else going on that you might have forgotten to mentioned.

Upvote 0
I now tried dolphin browser which I use on my tablet and this browser remembers my hotmail login. I still wonder why the stock browser doesnt.

It could just be Hotmail maybe not supporting that browser. Sometimes when it isn't supported certain things aren't available, like remembering your passwords.

Glad you got your problem solved.

Reactions: ocnbrze and nieltab
Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem with my Samsung Note. It was working fine until I changed my password. Now it makes me enter the password every time I access Hotmail via the web browser. I have changed the password before and it worked fine. Now for the life of me, I can not get it to remember my password. I have tried everything I can think of. I cleared all saved passwords, cleared form data, cleared cookies, cleared history, and I have "Remember passwords" enabled. I have also deleted and resaved it as a favorite and rebooted my phone. I'm at a total loss here and getting ready to take a hammer to this thing. Any ideas on what I'm missing here? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones