1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dog ate my charger =(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bldgengineer, Dec 23, 2011.

1. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Android Enthusiast

Dog ate my charger cord tonight. Anybody know where I can get one just like it? I liked how the phone's end was so secure.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jayochs

jayochs Android Enthusiast

haha silly puppy. goto a verizon store for the exact one.

bldgengineer likes this.
  3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

bldgengineer likes this.
  4. Kane5581

Kane5581 Well-Known Member

bldgengineer likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I bought a bunch of blackberry micro usb chargers off amazon for less than $4 each (they are the entire unit). That way I can keep one at work, one for travel, one in the kitchen and one on the nightstand. I have never had any issues with them... I have been using them since the Blackberry days.

bldgengineer likes this.
  6. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Android Enthusiast

Thanks so much guys! Little bastard just ate the wire. It's in a thousand pieces. That's what I get for falling asleep on the couch last night and not putting him up first.

7. olbriar

olbriar  

I'm sorry about your loss but I had to laugh. My dog did the same thing with the usb cable for my Dinc a couple of years ago. First night and it was toast. They must come from the factory with a puppy chow scent. I, too, used my old BB charger cable from that point on as someone in this thread pointed out. Good luck with a replacement.

8. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Android Enthusiast

Some of those cables don't look like the end that plugs into the rezound on the original cable. I tried to find a non-generic cable to use as a second cable at work, but couldn't. If you look at the end that plugs into the phone on the cable that comes with the phone, it's not the same as a mico-usb cable end.

Like the OP stated, the fit of the included cable is very secure. I don't like how some of these knock-off cables don't fit as tight.

9. Kane5581

The ones I posted are secure, the two little prongs on the wide side of the plug are what locks them in.

10. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like the right kind of secure plug to me. I'm glad HTC went this route with the Rezound. On the Thunderbolt, the fit wasn't as secure and I've heard some people have already returned theirs for USB connection failures. At $1.75 PLUS free shipping, I think I can risk that they're the right fit. I'll post confirmation once I receive the cable.

11. Kane5581

Those are the right ones, same ones I posted(for $.25 less), they will fit exactly as the one that came with your phone.

daffy113 likes this.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews