• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dog Days/Afternoons...

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
Well, we have the Caturday thread, so it seems we should really have one that's going to the dogs, so to speak. ;)

Here's a funny one to start, then I'll follow up with "personal" pics. :D

26-Ridiculous-Situations-And-Notes-007.jpg

Here's three of the four freeloaders in my back yard. This picture was taken before the worst yapper was foisted off on me.

09d28af85eef1d03c6d37b031414bd3e.jpg

cacbbd8d4e083492d42f4e9dec04f630.jpg

The one in the foreground is Rose. I've got an earlier picture her in my computer where you can see her face, back when she was hyperactivity personified...

Upvote 0
Well it's hot here, though I am rather small framed not really husky at all, I am still standing in a poodle of sweat. Just got married. My wife is golden, retrieve her I must, she is learning sheep herding from Claus, a German Shepherd. He is also a boxer, he is quite pit bull in the ring. He is actually named after his uncle, Claus Von Bulow, the great Dane that he is.

Upvote 0
And these gorgeous stinky things are my babies! :D

Their favourite food is laughter! xD

They are both rescue pigs / dogs :)

The lovely black one (Frisco Pit Bull :D) Her name is Nigella like the famous Italian chief :)

And the tan brown American Stafford shire Bull terrior her name is Hope! ;)

Hope is a very very special dog with a great story!

Hope is very very very special... she was found on the door steps of the animal cruelty shelter in a dog food bag with a huge cut across her abdomen bleeding everywhere because they used her for pit fighting... the vets did not know if she was going to survive and was in critical condition with what looked like extreme pain and torment and suffering... and wondered if they should put her down... her body to this day is covered in scars from all the pit fighting they used her for... but she is so sweet and caring they must have tried to kill her and label her as "useless" because she wouldn't fight in the pits...

BUT SHE SURVIVED!!!! :D

Hope is also blind in one eye... the perfect name for a brilliant doggy!

:D

And Nigella and her get on awesomely! :D

Upvote 0
I just don't understand how people can do that to dogs, or anything. Go Hope, go! What a great dog she is.

Yeah I will never know either! :(

SA is filled with it... especially in the black and colored townships it is all over the place sadly very common :'(

When they found her there was a huge tear in her abdomen with half her guts hanging out... but they patched her up! :D

WE CAN REBUILD HER!!! :D

We gotta get her a bionic eye! xD

lol just kidding :D

"awwwww!!!" :D:D:D

Reactions: BrickHouse
Upvote 0
You are a good man Stink, love the puppies, love the rescue dogs (Maggie is too). I am not sure if cruelty to animals or people is worse, probably depends on when you ask me. Some people might deserve a little cruelty, no animal does.

Aww thanks buddy!!! :D

I love Hopey :D

Love my doggies!!! :D

This is Jessie also a rescue bubba :D

But Schnoogy / Jessie / Stinky (yes Jessie is where my name came from originally from the forums :D) passed away a couple years ago in 2014.... the hardest part is to say good bye :'(

Upvote 0
Stinky, since you adopt rescues, I think you're entitled to remove one "Stinky" from your name, no way do you double stink!

Good for you, that's a big heart. Both of my SO's setters are rescues, too.

Haha lol thanks buddy :D

I wanted to choose only one "Stinky" but it was already taken lol xD

hehehehehe :D

So I had no other choice to double it looooool xD

I was wondering what other kind of names I could use that seem more suiting :)

I also jokingly used to call Jessie (my 1st rescue dog) "Stinky Pork Chop" because she was always a little bit stinky... she had a very bad habit of rolling in her own (and other creatures! :'( ) pooooooo :(

PHEW she was so scary rolling in hers and other dogs (and humans from many homeless people in SA on walks) and her own poo shaw she was very naughty and had a very bad habit of rolling in her poo... :D

VERY stinky dog! xD

We got Jessie cremated ... I blurred out my name so you don't know who I am :D

I miss her so much... the hardest part is saying good bye :(

I was so broken and sad sleeping all alone... that after Schnoogy / Jessie / Stinky-schnoogs passed away I almost promised I wouldn't get another doggy...

But there was this huge hole in my heart and the house was so freakishly quiet... I couldn't resist getting more bubbas :D

I might change my name to "Stinkyy" with a double y if you think it is more suiting :D

Yes I am an extremely caring person... my name is there to trick people into falsely believing that I am jerk... I
am like a little angel in a way :)

Upvote 0
I read something about the passing of a pet once, and it was so profound that I kept it. Suffer me a moment, and I'll share it with you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones