• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Doh! Don't Do That!

I don't think it is necessarily nonsense as much as it is lack of common sense when interacting with new technology and the possibility of physical harm when overdoing anything. Prior to the industrial revolution and factory situations where workers performed repetitive tasks, the notion of RSI (repetitive stress injury) would have been scoffed at. Today it's commonly accepted and methods of prevention are well known. The same principle comes into play when it was discovered that playing video games with rapidly changing graphics for long periods of time could induce seizures.

Since this only seems to be a temporary condition, just don't do that any more if you find you're susceptible.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
^^^^^:D

I'm late to the party as usual, stop me if you've (all) heard this before.
As a kid, I always thought the pirate's eye patch was "earned".......Part fashion choice for sure, a tough guy intimidation thing for sure, but one which was "earned".......By losing a damn eye, one way or another; Either in combat, or just from a plain old hard seafaring life. And the patch was there to cover up the ugly, empty, ash tray of a socket.

Years later, I hear this guy suggesting that it may have been far more about tactical decisions and battle readiness. In that line of work, you have two perfectly good eyes; And you keep one or the other of them "dark accustomed" at all times;
Hand to hand combat on the deck, in full daylight; And when you chase someone below decks to continue the fight below, (and all of the fluorescent fixtures, and accent lights are out:rolleyes:), all you have to do is whip that eye patch from one side to the other, and start swingin' that cutlass away. While your opponent is still blinking like a chump, trying to figure out how many (of his, now severed) fingers you're holding up.;)

AAARRRRRGGhhhhhh!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones