1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Dolphin HD 4.0 Released

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lexluthor, Oct 28, 2010.

1. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    For those who haven't noticed, Dolphin HD 4.0 was released today.

Dolphin Browser HD v4.0 Finally Released to Android Market! | Dolphin Browser? Blog

Quick preview to note:

• Fix some tiny bugs which are supported by you.

I didn't notice too much different and found a minor annoyance due to the bookmark system being reorganized.

With the 3.x version, I had a gesture set up to open bookmarks. Whether I used the gesture or hit menu->bookmarks, I was taken to the same list of bookmarks.

With 4.0, the bookmarks gesture takes me to bookmarks root list and menu->bookmarks takes me to the bookmarks bar subfolder.

So if I put my bookmarks in root folder, I don't see them if I hit menu->bookmarks and if I put my bookmarks in bookmark bar, I don't see them when I do the gesture.

Hopefully, they can just update the bookmark gesture to take me to the same place that menu->bookmarks takes me too. Seems like a simple fix, but I don't know if they reply to customer support emails.

Advertisement

w_bovine likes this.
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
  3. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Cartographer
    Birmingham, AL
    Downloaded it earlier, haven't noticed much difference EXCEPT for my single biggest gripe with the old version (bookmark/plug-in trays pulling out when scrolling across the screen). Speed is about the same and I don't use alot of plug-ins so I can't comment there, but with that issue looking better (although still not perfect) I may use it more than Opera for now.

4. lexluthor

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    You can turn off those side panels from appearing in the settings.

5. djaxcz

djaxcz Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Still slower than default Android browser, unistalled...

6. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Cartographer
    Birmingham, AL
    Yeah, but I like the bookmarks drawer. I just wish it didn't pop out so easily.

7. lexluthor

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I set a gesture to make the bookmark drawer pop open. I was doing it with the slide out, but the gesture way of getting there isn't bad and then I turned off the sliders.

Kabob likes this.
  8. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Male
    security and surveillance and finance
    Windy City of Chicago
    Ok I am getting the same thig here. The browser is quite a bit slower than my original browser and it lags slightly when it is loading bigger pictures and places where the flash content should be

9. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    South Florida
    I'm currently running Dolphin 3 on my Captivate and would like to update to 4 but when i go to the Market it gives me the option to install not update. How can i install 4 without uninstalling 3 and losing my settings ?

Thanks

10. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Cartographer
    Birmingham, AL
    Say, that's a good idea, if I can't get used to the "fixed" drawer with 4.0 I may do just that. Thanks!