• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dolphin HD browser + Launcher Pro = No Bing???

Yeah, this was identified yesterday over on another forum. Kinda surprised it hasn't been talked about more over here. I'm brand new to the Android experience and have been lurking around a few places since I preordered my Fascinate last weekend. This works pretty good, you just can't use the Search soft key. Been enjoying my Google Search with Voice and Nav since early yesterday. :)

Upvote 0
These videos are correct. I downloaded google maps, launcher pro and dolphin hd and was able ro use google search for all my searches except 1. (capacitive search button holding brings up bing voice search rather than google voice search). Every thing else I tried worked like any other android google search. I did all this in the verizon store without root. Only thing I think root is needed for is when you do a voice search holding the capacitive search button.

Edit: just saw that you don't even need dolphin lol:

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-google-search-fix#comment-64160

Watch the first video clip he posted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones