• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dolphin HD or cackle

I myself like dolphin hd a lot... I tried the free version of x scope out and i did not like the configuration altthough x scope to what I'm told plays some flash content so if u don't want to wait until 2. 2 for flash then that may be the way to go... dolphin hd is great though but we all like different things so try a couple browsers out and see if they ate for u

Upvote 0
I agree with trying out some browsers. I liked Dolphin but eventually decided I didn't need all of the features and the UI elements are pretty large. At one point I had Dolphin, Skyfire, xScope and Opera all installed.

Right now I use xScope as my primary browser because it's pretty lightweight and clean. I kept Opera installed for areas of bad signal/poor speeds since it does some server-side rendering.

Upvote 0
LOL. Yeah I didn't realize it typed cackle till after I posted it. I left it cause I thought it would get more people to look at it.

I like dolphin HD and I downloaded the beta version and it said it has flash but I havnt tried it out yet. U said xscope is lighter, so it takes up less room on the phone or it uses less for better performance? I hav both dolphin HD beta and xscope rite nw. Both seem to be good but dolphin does have more options and a better look. So would xscope use less battery since its "lighter"?

Upvote 0
LOL. Yeah I didn't realize it typed cackle till after I posted it. I left it cause I thought it would get more people to look at it.

I like dolphin HD and I downloaded the beta version and it said it has flash but I havnt tried it out yet. U said xscope is lighter, so it takes up less room on the phone or it uses less for better performance? I hav both dolphin HD beta and xscope rite nw. Both seem to be good but dolphin does have more options and a better look. So would xscope use less battery since its "lighter"?

Upvote 0
I've used both and currently have settled on Xscope. HD Dolphin is definitely slower. Run a test by opening the same site with both browsers and you'll be surprised at how slow Dolphin really is.

I also agree that while the GUI of Dolphin is nice, it simply takes up too much room. With Xscope, the tabs are much smaller, and they don't even appear if you only have one tab open. In fact, you can hide everything (address bar, etc) with a simple swipe up, and show it again with a simple swipe down. This makes it really nice - especially when browsing non-mobile versions of sites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones