1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Done Rooting, and Rom'd. Little guidance?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Poehring, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Poehring

Poehring Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2009
    Collections. Bisohp White Marshal & Weibel P.S.
    Des Moines, WA USA
    So im Rooted, Got the Apex 1.4 Rom. Downloaded DroidX Overclock and SetCPU. I read Skulls whole post on What Overclocking does, and what SetCPU does, but im a little Fuzzy on a few things. For one, It sounds like Skull is talking about the Droid, and I have the Droid X. So Im wondering if any other Droid X users out there can help me with setting up my Overclock and SetCPU settings? Or link me to a Guide or some sort? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. draconius

draconius Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    I run low voltage and the 1.3 setting. I have no issues with it...if I bump up to 1.35 it freezes and crashes all the time. I would shy away from ultra low voltage.

3. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    I run mine on 1.2 at ultra low voltage and have no problems. Don't shy away from it. Test it out and see if it works. If your phone reboots randomly then you know your phone doesn't like it. And Droid X overclock by JRummy does all the things setcpu does. I stopped using SetCPU but some people still use it. I would look into the Quickclock app to determine your optimal settings. There is a guide to using it around here just search for it. That would be the BEST way to set your phone up.

4. Poehring

None

Jun 7, 2009
    Des Moines, WA USA
    Will do. On a side note, I am not looking to preserve battery. Just looking for Performance.

5. Poehring

None

Jun 7, 2009
    Des Moines, WA USA
    While at the same time, not burning up my battery and Mobo, lol. Ive noticed...my phone doesnt liked to be overclocked at all...I get an auto reboot on any voltage, on any frequency...I think I might just take my phone all the way back to Factory, re-root, and reinstall the ROM on a Fresh system...not sure why im having these problems.

6. magic1

magic1 Well-Known Member
    None

May 18, 2010
    I got the quickclock app and its awesome. I didn't know anything about how to overclock until I read a few posts on it and the app is super easy to use. It figures out everything for you then gives you options to set based on performance battery or balance of both. Couldn't have been easier for me!

7. Poehring

None

Jun 7, 2009
    Des Moines, WA USA
    It looks like the problems im having are with the ROM itself. I uninstalled my Overclocking utility and I still get restarts when I unlock my phone using the slider. Perhaps tomorrow I will factory reset, and do a fresh Root/Rom and see how it works then.

8. faber78

faber78 Guest
    None
    off topic;
    id start reading on how to sbf and download whatever you may need to do that to your pc/save it somewhere....just in case. (and find maderstock to download and leave on your sd card).