• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't be shy - admit it - have you dropped your droid yet?

Drop it???? I've dropped it, thrown it, kicked it after I dropped it and I have no scratchs to the screen and only tiny ones on the outside. I don't have the screen covered or the phone in a case either.
hahaha. I like the boldness in your answer. But I have not dropped my droid. My mom has. Had the tape cassette thingy connected to my droid so we can listen to it in the car. My mom had it in between her legs and forgot about it and when she stepped out of the parking lot that thing FLEW. I dont know how that happened cuz she is like skinny and didn't move that fast out of the car but that bounced like 10 feet away from the car. It was pavement too. I never hopped out of a car so fast EVER. OOOHHHHH how pissed off I was at my mom cuz now like every back corner has scratches and the battery door is part white at some edges and the back just looks ugly. But my screen was fine and it still runs like a champ. But still.....

Upvote 0
If it's really bothering you and you find $5 worth of change in the sofa, you can replace the battery cover from Verizon:

Set Your Location
It may not cure the rest of the scratches, but at least the back will look nice :)
Thanks, couldn't find it on their website before. But weren't they giving it out for free b4? My battery cover is always coming out ever since that drop.

Upvote 0
At the bar last night, dropped my mint droid of 10 months outside of the bar on the sidewalk. Now has a deep scratch/dent on the top right corner. The screen is fine, I had a plastic body film all over it which probably stopped it from getting scratched up. I took the hard plastic cover off of it about 2 months ago and am now putting it back on until I feel secure again. Works perfectly though and it was a pretty hard drop.

Upvote 0
I dropped my milestone 2 months after i got it. And it bounds off its side and landed on its face. It dented the antenna area and scuffed it but not a scratch on the screen. I was cursing a storm before i picked it up. It was raining out so i went to pull it out of my pocket and it slipped onto the cirb. Battery door and battery went flying off. I thought for sure if the fall didn't break it the rain would but i was lucky. And sadly we don't have that good phone insurance in Canada so i would have been out 500$ for a new phone

Upvote 0
Well, guess I should confess:

Dropped it several times on tarmack/concrete. Couples times from my pocket to the ground as I was getting out of the car and once or twice from my clumsy hands as I tried to... I don't know what I was doing, but it fell from my hands.

Phone has no protective cover or protective screen.

As a result, well, 2 out of the 4 corners are "smooched in" looking, and I have multiple scrapes here and there. Most are still black in color, but a few scratches are beyond the black paint and show the bare metal!

Hahahaha, after the 1st/2nd fall, I was like, oh well, at least it's being used! don't give me wrong though, I freaked out the first time if fell and lots of cursing!

screen is smooth as butter despite having had keys and some falls where it ended up face down... So far so good (touching wood as I write this).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones