1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

dont flame me... but text-to-speech browser

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by clunkercar01, Feb 20, 2011.

1. clunkercar01

clunkercar01 Member
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    England
    Messed around with my new android phone the other morning and browser onto a website about a baldwin sueing costner about shares in his oil cleanup invention (I think)...

Anyway, I clicked a few things and it read out the website to me so I could shut my eyes and just listen.

My question is.... how the heck did I do that?

I am pretty sure I used the default browser (2.1) as I have not been trying out other browsers except for Dolphin Lite and I dont think I was using that at the time, pretty sure it was the stock browser.

Anyone got any clues or ideas as I want to be able to listen to website text.

cheers all and sorry for brining up an age old question.

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    I don't have an answer for you, but you may want to try posting this in the forums specific to your device. I don't see which one you have listed under your sig (I recommend changing that so people won't have to ask you about it if you ever need more help), so I'm not sure which one to point you to, but it's possible that it might be a tweak to the OS added in by a manufacturer. That being said, I have a gut feeling it has something to do with "talkback" from the eyes free project. It's baked into the OS and does just that sort of thing. How you ay have managed to trigger it, as I said in the beginning, I have no idea

3. clunkercar01

clunkercar01 Member
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    England
    Thanks Ryan,
    I suppose I shoud have posted this in the specific section, I just thought since alot of people have asked about TTS in the past accross the android system it would be ok here.
    Anyway, thanks for your post - I have now added my device to my profile.
    As I mentioned - I have no idea how I got this working and so am still looking for the answer. :-(

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Have you gone into your settings (from the main home screen) to see if it's something you could toggle? I don't have my phone in working condition currently (long story, replacement will be in tomorrow), so I can't look it up for you, but going by memory you should be able to go to your home screen and hit menu and scroll through what you have, you should see some options related to that. You may also want to Google the "eyes free project" for android and see if you find any helpful info.