1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Don't Forget the Annual Upgrade for Subsidized Pricing if you upgraded Mar'10-Jan'11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DPiddy, Nov 19, 2011.

1. DPiddy

DPiddy Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Verizon doesn't publicize it, but if you haven't hit month 20 yet you may still be able to get subsidized pricing. The annual updgrade program is going away, but many of us get one more shot to use it. Here are the requiremnts:
    • Upgraded line must be the primary line on your plan
    • Voice package of your plan must be 49.99 or greater per month
    • The last updgrade on your primary line must be prior to Jan 16, 2011.
    • Last upgrade should have been at least 12 months ago.
    Verizon doesn't publicize this benefit and it won't show up online or in your MyVerizon app, but most retail stores will honor it and if you have trouble there call customer service and they can note your account for the subsidized price or they can order the phone for you.

I emailed Verizon CS and had 2 reps call me and confirm I am elligible for a subsidized upgrade (Last upgraded Nov 2010).

Unfortunately this program goes away with all upgrades after Jan 16, 2011.

Advertisement

pequeajim likes this.
  2. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    Mine actually showed up online once I made my 12th month payment. Showed me as being eligible for an upgrade (then displayed the NE2 date for about 8 months later). So, this benefit may show up online for at least some as it certainly did for me.

3. JWellington

JWellington Newbie
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    I emailed Verizon about this. I bought my phone on July 2010. Let's see what they say...

4. DPiddy

DPiddy Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    It took 24 hours but they called me instead of emailing. Was a 910 area code.

5. ryknoll3

ryknoll3 Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    One other thing to remember.... only Verizon honors the annual upgrade. You can't use it at other retailers (Amazon, BB, etc....). If you use their sites to check for upgrade eligibility, it will show that you aren't eligible for an upgrade until the 20 month time period (NE2, if you still have it). Verizon's site should show pricing for you at the 2-yr contract price.

6. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Deep South
    THANK YOU!!!! I thought I was going to have to do some swapping of lines and continue a contract I didn't need until I checked! I'm eligible of discounted pricing on my main line with unlimited! YAY!!!!

7. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 29, 2008
    We have His and hers launch day Droid x's here on a family plan, Im up for upgrade since im on the primary line, the other Droid x comes up in March. :)

8. DPiddy

DPiddy Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Mine just showed up online!! Schhhweeeeet! Can't wait till the website allows me to order. All I have to say is Verizon is crazy. By not releasing this phone when you know they have a warehouse full, they are keeping themselves from getting my money.

They should put this phone online only for a month if they want to push bloat phones in their stores. Keep us happy while making money on bloat.

Tags: