• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Don't forget to remove the plastic film on the back of the screen

hahahah
i was trying to figure out if that film was supposed to be removed or not when I first got the phone! I tweeted about it but nobody ever answered me and then I just forgot about it untill seeing this thread. When I tried to peel it off, It was not coming off as easily as the front and back plastic film did. So I was not sure if it was meant to be removed and so I kept it there.
Mine has streaks from the slider now...And I don't know what to do from here.

I might actually try and take it off again though because my droid has a tiny dead pixel, and I am going to get a new one from best buy anyway.

Upvote 0
This post should be removed before someone else reads it and decides its a good idea to peel a piece of protective plastic that is specifically shaped to fit around pieces on the back of the Droid...

This not the only phone that comes new with specific shape protective plastic and have seen this on the Env3. Yes it protective so you don't get a scratch phone from the MFG to you. If not taken off after so many uses it could jam up the slider.

Upvote 0
well you are obviously new to tech forums. When the G1 came out everyone was talking about how to shave off the extra "lip" and fix the squeak from the black ones.

Oh, yes, I know, I was a Rio Karma owner back in the day and that forum was very similar. And I follow AVS Forums for HD stuff and those guys geek out with the best of them!

I am just proud that we are keeping up that tradition!

Upvote 0
Oh, yes, I know, I was a Rio Karma owner back in the day and that forum was very similar. And I follow AVS Forums for HD stuff and those guys geek out with the best of them!

I am just proud that we are keeping up that tradition!
hahah yeah isnt it great tho? my sister used to think i was such a geek when i discussed issues with the zune 30 on zunescene forums

Upvote 0
This is ridiculous!
Stop obsessing about plastic wrap, and use that phone to ask out a girl already!

I wanna call , I really do, but I am afraid if she knows the plastic film is still on my Droid she will likely not answer the phone. Then I think what if she knows that I know she might know and then she's not gonna answer it anyways.... so its really not even worth taking it off or leaving it on if she is not gonna answer the phone anyways...

Maybe I'll start a poll.... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones