• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't forget to say "THANKS"

gunny5821

Android Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2010
Richmond, VA (USA)
Hello All,

I know there are a lot of NEW users to this forum world and there will always be a steady stream of new faces in the forum world. So with that in mind, I just wanted to take a moment to let people know how to say Thanks.

If you start a thread and someone replies to your thread with info that would normally generate a Thanks in person, than that is a case for saying Thanks in a thread. To do so, just look at the bottom right of the replying message and you will see the "Thanks (Thumb Up) Icon". All you have to do is press it and bingo, you have said Thanks to the person for lending a helping hand. It is just that simple.

I know when I first started in the forums, I did not know of this for several months. Mainly because I just did not understand the process and really didn't feel comfortable enough to ask such a question. So I went along my marry ole way and several months later I finally figured it out.

Now do not get me wrong folks, this is a COMPLETELY voluntary action and you are under NO pressure of any sort to do this. It is simply my 2 cents, and info I wish I had known back when I started in the forums. This is not unique to this forum, the Thanks icon is pretty much within all of them, maybe just located in different spots, but it is usually there.

So, in closing, if you feel the need to Thank someone for lending a Helping hand, just say Thanks with the press of an icon. They will appreciate it and you'll feel better for doing it....... Heck maybe the monitors wouldn't mind posting this as a sticky.. One never knows!

Thanks for listening and Welcome to the forums!

Common Folks, let’s keep this a topic of knowledge by posting to it and letting all know that you possess this info and seek to have others informed as well. Let’s face it that is why our founding fathers (Board Guru's) developed the "Thanks" icon to begin with. The one and only problem is, with all of the new folks coming and going from all of the many forums out there, that they have no idea of what the icon does let alone why they should even use it. So, let’s inform all and post to this message letting all know that you are an aware member.

Wouldn't it just be a nice thing that when you go to a message, seeking assistance, and as a result, you spend your time (sometimes a considerable amount of time) replying (helping) to that assistance call, that they acknowledge you when it is all said and done? Wouldn't just make all concerned a little happier, and maybe by doing so, down the road more would contribute as a result of it? How is that anything, but a GOOD thing...?

Maybe it would also bring many who just lurk to the surface and become an active member of our board. Let’s face it, many new people come to the forums and do nothing else, but lurk. Why do they do this? Simple, they do not want to put themselves out there to be negatively impacted as a result of making a good faith effort, but to only have it get tossed in their face. Bringing "Thanks" back into the game reminds us all to keep things civil and courteous without us ever even having to think about it. Folks, how could that be anything other than a GOOD thing?

So, let’s post quick acknowledgement of this thread and by doing so, keeping the thread near the top, so all, especially the new comers; see it, read it, and become better forum citizens in the process. Nothing but POSITIVE and that is a Good Thing 24/7/365..........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones