1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Don't keep activities box

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pool_shark, Jan 11, 2012.

1. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    If any of your apps start acting weird out of the blue, make sure you have that box unchecked under developer options.
    When I turned it on go launcher wouldn't let me view it's preferences, wouldn't let me change the dock icons, and would revert.back to the first set of dock icons after launching an app from a different dock.
    Handcent made me close the app 3 times before it actually closed.

Advertisement

jroc likes this.
  2. Guardsix

Guardsix Guest
    None
    I had that box checked and it was apparently causing SplashID to not work. I unchecked it and now SplashID works perfectly on my Galaxy Nexus.

3. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Wow. I cannot stress how important this is. I don't know how this box got checked for me, but I've been dealing with extremely bogged down apps and launcher lag for the last two weeks because of this.

I had no idea what was going on. It would not "keep" the launcher every time I left the launcher, so when I returned, I would get redraws every single time, and would get immense lag.

Apps were going haywire, and wouldn't not communicate with each other. I was getting buggy behavior in Tapatalk, KakaoTalk, and a ton of other apps. I was at my wits end and was going absolutely crazy. Luckily, I just randomly unchecked the box as I was scouring the phone for answers, and finally it worked.

I honestly feel like my launcher is twice as fast now. I really wish I had seen this thread earlier.

Tags: