• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dont need accessibility

Pr1vat3

Lurker
Jun 22, 2022
So I dont have any need for accessibility and Im not a big fan that it has permissions for all my core functions. Is there any way to remove it entirely? An in-depth google search gave no answers and only showed how to stop talkback from turning on. Anyone know how to do this or if there is a way to install a more basic version of the OS? I dont even care if there is a chance to brick my phone, I would just like it gone. thanks for any help i receive in advance

Ive got a galaxy s10 plus. Ive got everything deactivated, but i cant deny it access to the microphone, camera, and other stuff. Since i have no need for it, I would prefer to just remove it all together
you could root the phone and do this, but then your phone will lose its protection as rooting makes the phone less secure.

Reactions: Pr1vat3
Upvote 0
You are talking about a central system service, so no, you won't be able to remove it without root. And I'd be wary of doing so anyway - you'd have to be very sure that nothing depends on it (both apps you have installed, because some apps do use accessibility options to provide functionality, and other system functions. It's not uncommon in computer operating systems, not just Android, for some functionality to have the same basis as the accessibility options and hence be provided by the accessibility service - both my phone and my laptop have a few apps that work this way).

But the key point is that this is a system service, part of the operating system (not a manufacturer-specific add-on either). I'm cautious about permissions, but there's a point at which if you aren't comfortable with the operating system having this access you'll never be comfortable with a smartphone. Of course given how much phones are used for tracking their users a degree of discomfort is healthy, but this wouldn't be the thing that I'm most wary of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones