• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't pre order from Best Buy

I pre ordered and they pulled out a appointment sheet and since I was 15th i got in at 5pm. So, the pre order is guaranteed as I have a reserved slot to activate and get my phoneeee

See, now I was the first person at Best Buy, but I didn't have an appointment sheet to sign up for or anything.

I'm thinking that's actually a good thing since now I can just go in whenever and wait until they're done with whomever might be there at the time. They can't turn me away.

Upvote 0
I have my $50 girft card, receipt and pre-order form in hand. And I triple checked that that secures a phone in my hand on the 4th. You can also get the activation fee waived...

So I am not sure what waiting list you are talking about....Maybe for those who don't want to pay the deposit?

The BB flyer I saw also said the fone is $450 w/o contract.

How do you get the activation fee waived?

Upvote 0
I was the 5th person at best buy and they didn't set up an appointment, they told me they'd call the day before it comes out and tell me what time to come in to pick it up.

Yup. I was the 7th person and they didn't set up an appointment, but told me that I'd be guaranteed a phone on the day of the release. Said the same thing about calling a couple days before to set up appointment. The manager at the BB I went to also said that they'll likely call when they receive all the inventory, which is 2-3 days prior to release.

How crazy would that be if they took care of all the pre-orders PRIOR to the official release date? Not saying that would happen, but it's nice thinking that could happen...LOL.

Upvote 0
I don't think Sprint gives you the instant rebate. Radio Shack from my experience asking about another phone, does give instant rebates like Best Buy. Best buy gives you a $50 gift card, while from what I gather from this forum, Radio Shack gives a $20 credit. Both towards accessories that you might buy with the phone.
Talking about Sprint rebates, I have always seen that Sprint has credited my phone bill with the rebate amount. I have never received a physical check. This concerns me because, if for some reason, I am no longer with Sprint, I don't know whether Sprint will give me the rebate.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... I got a recipt that says clearly to keep.
I did not get a gift certificate, The recipt say pre-order.
Should I have gotten one. I've seen others didn't get an actual card either.

They took name, address, and contact # but just told me to come in on launch day, which he didn't know.
But this was the same guy that originally said there was not pre-order then it was online only.

maybe I sgould call and check things out?

Upvote 0
Why dont the mods delete dumb threads like this one?

Preordering at Best Buy is fine and is a guaranteed phone unless they tell you otherwise.

anyway, do they really take Palm Pre's as a trade-in? I've got one thats kinda wobbly, but if they give 63$ id sure as heck take that. I was just going to throw it in the trash.

Upvote 0
Anyway, do they really take Palm Pre's as a trade-in? I've got one thats kinda wobbly, but if they give 63$ id sure as heck take that. I was just going to throw it in the trash.

Sprint stores will give you a $63 account credit to buyback your Pre so they can recycle/reuse it: https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/consumer/ Anyway, were you really going to throw a cell phone in the trash? Yikes, dude! That's illegal and harmful to the environment.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... I got a recipt that says clearly to keep.
I did not get a gift certificate, The recipt say pre-order.
Should I have gotten one. I've seen others didn't get an actual card either.

They took name, address, and contact # but just told me to come in on launch day, which he didn't know.
But this was the same guy that originally said there was not pre-order then it was online only.

maybe I sgould call and check things out?

I received a card and my receipt states; "Presell Sprint HTC EVO 4G, Package Gift Card"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones